The Value of a Library Card
Alongside DECSA staff and volunteers serving a delicious breakfast of free pancakes, sausage, eggs, coffee, orange juice, and strawberries with whipped cream, there will also be staff from the Highlands branch of the Edmonton Public Library offering free EPL library cards!
We asked Margaret, one of our friends at the Highlands branch, to tell us about the value of a library card. This is what she had to say:
Why sign up for an EPL membership? Here are the top FIVE reasons:
- DIGITAL RESOURCES Edmonton Public Library has an extensive and diverse digital collection that Edmontonians can access from a computer, tablet or even a smartphone. Everything from language learning to video streaming is available in a variety of formats, at your fingertips with a library card!
- COMPUTER ACCESS Not only does every EPL branch in the city offer free WiFi, we all also have free public access computer stations.
- BOOKS AND ENTERTAINMENT Many people think of libraries as synonymous with books, but we are so much more than that! EPL is Edmonton’s largest lender of all things information and entertainment related. In addition to books, your library card grants you access to movies, CDs, audiobooks and video games which are available in many languages.
- ME LIBRARIES If you have an EPL membership you can sign up to ME Libraries and access over 10 million titles from 300 libraries all over Alberta!
- IT’S FREE!! Library cards are absolutely free for all Edmonton residents. Even without a library card you can come into the library to enjoy the space and take part in one of our popular programs. Did I mention these are all FREE?
If you have any questions our friendly library staff is always willing to help you find what you are looking for. For more information about the Edmonton Public Library or our programs and services, please visit the Highlands Branch at 6710 – 118 Avenue or online at www.epl.ca.
We invite all of our clients, agency partners, service providers, and neighbours to come together in the spirit of community on July 8 for a morning of good food and festivities.
We hope to see you there!
Our thanks to Margaret at EPL for contributing to this blog post.
Posted on July 4, 2015, in Uncategorized and tagged Alberta, community, DECSA, DECSA Edmonton, Edmonton, Edmonton Public Library, EPL, library card, local, pancake breakfast, yeg, yeg events, yegevents. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.